Sunday, November 16, 2008

my favorite (dc) things

This weekend I made the journey back to D.C., my 2008 summer home, to visit some friends and get a much needed taste of the (almost) South. It was a quick little trip, Chinatown-bus style (my DC Metro fare for the weekend cost more than the roundtrip busride back and forth to NYC... god bless the Apex bus!). I loved visiting the city I got to know this summer. I even got to see my old house in Petworth (for more info on the best neighborhood in DC, check out this great blog) and I visited an ice cream shop near and dear to my heart, Beveragemania. I worked at this Petworth staple all summer and grew very fond of their cheap shakes and lovely owners, Joy and Leonard. Lucky for me both were working when I stopped by! I loved seeing them again. I also had a fantastic dinner at Busboys and Poets-- I had only been there for drinks before, but their food is both affordable and inventive. Whoo hoo for weekend getaways! 


On a sidenote-- during one of Eric's nights off last week, we saw a free concert at The Living Room in the Village. My man knows my taste in music well and he knew I'd enjoy seeing Sydney Wayser, a singer-songwriter whose music sounds like it could accompany an entire season of Grey's Anatomy. Check out her stuff-- support your local musicians! 

0 comments: