Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Winter in BK

So hey there everyone... it's been quite the hiatus. Thought I'd come back and revisit the old blogosphere after a couple months' absence.

My time here in the city has been a bit of a rollercoaster. Some days I love it-- I'm completely infatuated with our neighborhood in Brooklyn (particularly its eating establishments... pure heaven!), our circle of friends and my various "extracurriculars" (i.e. the Brooklyn Symphony, babysitting for the best little Brooklyn family ever, and membership at the YMCA). My job... well, at least it sounds cool.

Actually, listing it all out like that makes me realize how good I've got it.

But it's the little things that get to me... the constantly crowded trains, the drive-bys outside my building, my radiator exploding burning steam all over me, the ease in which I slip into complacency and passivity at work... they make me a little bit crazy. Sometimes I just have an urge to pack up my things, get in my car (which I no longer have here) and drive back down South, where I still feel that I belong.

Sigh.

But that probably won't be happening anytime soon. So I'd better suck it up and look on the bright side.

0 comments: