Sunday, November 2, 2008

It's been awhile since we've updated... lame. Things have been busy, but that's no excuse for blog-slacking. 


Lots of exciting things happening in our lives. Here's a taste:

1) I would like to announce that Eric has successfully become a part of the team behind the New York Times website, and I couldn't be prouder! :) However, the job does come with a bit of a price... he'll be workin' the graveyard shift five nights a week. Yes, times are a-changin'... and so will Eric's (and my) body clocks... but such is the life of a successful journalist. Tonight's his first night on the job-- I wonder what he's doing right this minute? 

2) Halloween in NYC is quite the production. Having lived in Chapel Hill, home of the South's largest Halloween celebration, for the past four years, I'm used to some pretty ridonkulous happenings on the 31st. To be honest, Franklin Street's insanity got to be a bit much for me... dozens of shady men with videocameras taping all of the scantily clad college students combined with random grope attacks really was a bit much. Eric and I spent this year's Halloween celebrating in the Village with our friend who attends NYU Law and I'm happy to report that it was a really great, family-friendly time. Only a few PG-13 moments, and they all occured after midnight. We tried to get a peek at the Halloween parade, but didn't have much luck seeing anything, so ended up walking around admiring the various costumery. Oh, and did I mention what we went as? Eric was Joe the Plumber, complete with baldness (I did NOT approve of that decision) and I was a very pregs Bristol Palin. We were certain that we'd see plenty of Joes and Sarahs around, but to our surprise there really weren't many! I'm going to take that as a good sign. 

3) I took my first yoga class in about six months last week and I was super sore for three days. The class was so intense-- people were standing on their heads and folding up into pretzels while I was busy trying to balance on one foot. New York yoga = way over my head. 

4) My BFF from high school, miss Jeanie, came and visited last weekend and we had a splendid time shopping, attending the Martha show and eating at yummy restaurants. I love having visitors because it gives me an excuse to do fun things! 

5) Election day is in two days. Have you voted yet?? 

0 comments: